Over the last few months I’ve repainted a few of the rooms in our home. After sharing on my Instagram Stories I got multiple questions on my process and the products I use to get the job done so quickly. I recently had to touch up the walls in the nursery of our home and thought it was the perfect time to share. Watch the full tutorial below to see exactly how to paint a room in your home like I do! You can also find a full list of my favorite painting products below. Happy painting!
how to paint a room Fast
What you’ll need:
- Drop cloths to cover the floors or furniture
- Drywall hangers to hang up your favorite wall decor and shelves afterwards
- Spackling paste + Putty knife for patching holes
- Sandpaper for smoothing patched holes
- Microfiber washcloths for wiping down walls and trim before painting
- Paint brush (my favorite ever) for trim and cutting in around ceiling/windows
- Rollers, Roller handle, and Paint tray for painting the walls
I used ‘Wheat Bread’ by Behr in an eggshell finish for the main wall color and stripes. I used ‘Swiss Coffee’ by Behr in a semi-gloss finish for the trim and the white stripes. I’ve also had quite a few people ask about the bookshelves hanging on the wall. They are actually spice racks from Ikea but can be purchased here.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bourne Southern Home blog if you want weekly updates of new content on the blog and our YouTube channel! You can also follow along on Instagram here and here, and Facebook as well. Be sure to Pin the picture above if you think this tutorial might help someone else! Thanks for stopping by!
*This post may contain affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own, honest opinion and I would never share something I wouldn’t personally use for myself or family.*